My research interests vary across the fields of mathematics and mathematics education.
Past, current, and future projects include (click link to see complete list of publications, projects, grants, and presentations) or visit https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Catherine_Buell or https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=l8dVS1IAAAAJ&hl=en
- Studying the structure and orbit decomposition of symmetric spaces for SL_n(F_q).
- Conjugacy classes of maximal R-split tori in generalized symmetric spaces.
- Visual Stylometry: Integrating mathematics, philosophy, computer science, and art to classify artwork.
- Work supported by NEH: Digital Humanities
- Democratizing access to authentic mathematics for all students.
- Working for anti-oppressive mathematics education and the incorporation of social justice into mathematics classrooms.