My research interests vary across the fields of mathematics and mathematics education.
Past, current, and future projects include:
- Studying the structure and orbit decomposition of symmetric spaces for SL_n(F_q).
- Conjugacy classes of maximal R-split tori in generalized symmetric spaces.
- Visual Stylometry: Integrating mathematics, philosophy, computer science, and art to classify artwork.
- Creating materials for CCICADA to integrate forensics and network analysis into K-16 education.
- Creating inquiry-based labs for calculus I and Calculus II sequence.
- Working current and future with Elementary School teachers to enhance their and their students’ experiences with mathematics.
- Democratizing access to authentic mathematics for all students.
- Working for anti-oppressive mathematics education and the incorporation of social justice into mathematics classrooms.
- Mathematics of Big Data from a algebraic prespective